This is a popular option with many professional roof cleaning companies when cleaning concrete roof tiles. The moss and any roof contaminants are forcibly removed
with a high power water pressure washer. Often this method is the messiest as the watery mud can quickly overflow gutters and tends to
splash all over walls, windows and patios - A thorough and professional clean up of the surrounding area is required after pressure washing a roof.
One of the biggest problems with pressure washing is the colour of the roof afterwards. Roofs typically have a brown/grey colour after only a
few years of natural "weathering". By using a high powered washer most of this colour is removed and the roof looks "bleached" - an unappealing yellow/white colour.
- Easy for local roofer to carry out such work
- Very effective at removing all moss/mould from roof
- A good opportunity to check the roof and replace any broken concrete tiles
It is always recommended that a fungicide is applied to the concrete tiles afterwards as this will inhibit any moss growth for several years. Check
out our moss killer chemicals page for more information.
- A high powered pressure wash can ruin the weathered look of the roof
- Incorrect use of washer can lead to flooding of the house
- Extremely messy
- Expensive roof coatings are often sold as a package with a pressure clean
Here you will find lots more information specific to roof coatings.